Sound Wave Inspection Systems
Innovative Inner Diameter Inspection System for Heat Exchangers and Boilers
Sound Wave Inspection Systems introduces the Sonic V, a Fifth Generation Acoustic Pulse Reflectometry inspection system for ultra-fast and reliable inner diameter tube inspections.
A powerful and flexible device
Incorporating cutting-edge technology, the Sonic V has been designed with speed and mobility in mind. The lightweight, ultra-portable, battery operated probe is small enough to be carried in a backpack, while the absence of cables or calibration tubes makes the Sonic V even easier to operate. Extremely quick data collection makes 100% inspections a reality when/if needed.
Designed for fast inspections
Highly sensitive to through wall holes (detects any hole with diameter of 0.5mm and bigger!), with under 10 seconds for single tube inspection, enables efficient testing of 100% of tubes in shutdowns and emergency inspections.
Top quality reports each time
The most experienced analysts are available 24/7, guarantee top quality analysis and reporting every time
Acoustic Pulse Reflectometry
Sonic V leverages APR technology capabilities
Specially formed acoustic pulses are propagated through the air enclosed by tube.
Echoes generated by defects are recorded using cutting edge microphones.
Powerful algorithms are identifying location, type and size of ID defects.
From inspection preparation stage to final report in 4 easy steps:
The use of the Sonic V is very easy.
As a matter of fact it takes only 4 simple steps to get from preparing the inspection to having the final report ready.
Following those steps will take you through the inspection in a record time, where, once the data reaches the analysts, you will receive the report within no more than 24 hours.
• Extremely sensitive to through
wall holes and blockages/restrictions
• Easy detection of ID wall losses
• Ability to detect holes from 0.5mm in diameter and bigger
ID defects detection
• Extremely-fast, non-invasive inspection/less than 10s per tube
• Both, battery and electricity operated
• No need for inventory of consumable probes or standards
• Single operator with minimal training
• The Sonic V is designed to simplify inspection process.
• A user-friendly interface is developed to ensure reliable and efficient inspections, helping the operator setting up, guiding through and finalizing the inspection.
• Touchscreen display
• Cloud based data delivery
• USB, WiFi and bluetooth connectivity
• Automatic software updates
• Battery operated handheld device
• Get reports from a highly trained
and experienced analyst team in less than 24 hours after the inspection.
• Very light and convenient for fast transportation – battery certified for air freight.
• All you need for inspection in a single backpack.
Complete ID coverage of all types of tubes
• U-bends, fin-fans, twisted,
spiral wound tubes
• Ferromagnetic and non-ferromagnetic metals, graphite and plastics
• ID diameters from 6mm (1/4") to 50mm (2")
• Up to 20 meters depending on defect size, tube configuration and type
In the box
Every Sonic V comes in an airline approved safety backpack with a rich accessories list:
1. Sonic V
Fully assembled, ready to use APR device
2. 13 Adapters (6-50mm ID)
Complete range of adapters for different tube
diameters are included in the package
3. Two Li-Ion batteries
Two batteries in the package make 12h shifts
possible without external power source
4. External charger
Recharge second battery while system is being
used, making non-stop remote (no electricity)
inspections a reality.
5. Power supply
Dual-Voltage (110v/230v) with market specific
power adapter. Can be used as a charger, or a
power supply (with/without battery installed).
Use a mouse, or a touchscreen to drag/swipe Sonic V around and get a complete view of the device.
Dimension & Weight:
Device: Length: 21cm (8,27") (max)
Width: 13,3cm (5,24")
Height: 27,3cm (10,75")
Weight: 2,23kg (4.92lb)
Backpack* : Length: 50cm (19,69")
Width: 33cm (12,99")
Height: 20cm (7,87")
Weight: 6,07kg (13,38lb)
Power supply: Battery operated: Li-Ion 14,8V
Dual voltage system (110V/230V)
Operating Temperature Range: -10° to +50° C (14° to 122° F)
Tube Diameter: 6mm – 50mm inner diameter
Tube Configuration: Any configuration including U-bends, finned tubes,
twisted tubes and spiral wound tubes
Tube Material: Any material including: metals (ferrous and non-ferrous)
and non-metals (graphite, plastics, ceramics)
Tube Length: Up to 20m length depending on defect size,
tube configuration and type
Detectable Defects: Holes (Min diameter 0.5mm, smaller in many cases)
Blockages (Minimum of 5% of cross section)
Wall loss** (Min 20% on diameter of a defect min 5mm)
Inspection Speed: 10 seconds per tube in any tube configuration
* Fully equipped, with the device and all accessories.
**Tubes must be cleaned out of all debris, scale or dirt.
Sonic V is a property of Sound Wave Inspection Systems. No part of this website or the content on it may be reproduced, stored or transmitted in any form or by any means electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise, without full attribution.